5 reasons for choosing Quepos for your summer vacation29 January, 2018
Costa Rica has two beautiful coasts, one in the Atlantic and the other one in the Pacific, the latter with a length of approximately 1,016 km 2, full of beautiful white sand beaches, bathed in the warm Pacific Ocean; and as part of that coast, we find a city that has one of the most important ports: Quepos.
The town of Quepos was named from the ethnic group of the Quepoa, native inhabitants of the place during the colonial era, and it still has the quaint charm of a rural town, however, thanks to the large amount of tourism that comes from all parts of the world, it has become a very cosmopolitan place, and a tourist destination by excellence.
What is making of Quepos such an appealing tourist destination?
Quepos has achieved worldwide fame thanks to the following reasons, which makes it an ideal place for your vacation:
- It is home to a large number of beautiful beaches, most of them suitable for swimming, practice water sports, sailing and conventional or sports fishing.
- It has the Manuel Antonio National Park, which is a huge conservation natural area and was selected by the Forbes magazine in 2011, as one of the 12 most beautiful parks in the world. Manuel Antonio National Park has several coves with multiple white sand beaches and lush foliage in the midst of high mountains. Visitors can enjoy a great biodiversity both marine and terrestrial there.
- Quepos boasts a beautiful and modern marina, where multiple yachts and sailboats dock, ideal for those who enjoy sailing and fishing, but also for the pedestrians that stroll down the Boardwalk.
- Quepos is considered the ‘Mecca’ of sport fishing sea in Costa Rica, which makes it a very attractive destination for anglers from all over the world.
- Being such an appealing tourist destination, the emergence of an excellent gastronomic offer, hotels and amusement is not something that has been delayed. So you can find in Quepos, all comfort and entertainment you need for your vacation, both during the day and at night.
We invite you to visit this paradise at the Costa Rican Pacific Coast. Stay with us at the Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk, and live your holiday in Quepos in all its glory!